WelderJune 27, 2022
Grinder (Helper)June 27, 2022
Performs advanced production activities on the press brake machine.
- Reviews blueprints, work orders, tooling instructions and other written specifications
- Tests and adjusts machine controls and aligns tool position such as dies, gauges, guides and holding devices
- Positions work pieces for processing
- Makes templates and uses measuring instruments and hand tools to ensure proper clearances, dimensions and specified tolerances for work pieces
- Adjusts controls to set speed, depth and feed rate and to position tools in relation to work pieces
- Troubleshoots machine or equipment problem to determine cause
- Examines finished work pieces for conformance to quality standards
- Records information such as number of work pieces processed, tested, machine readings and dates and times of product production
- Stacks and bands material for shipment
- May mark identification on material/work pieces before processing
- May mark material after processing; store material for additional processing and/or shipping
- Completes work order paperwork/documentation
- Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read instructions, tickets, safety and policies manuals)
- Basic measuring skills to read and convert English and Metric systems
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals to fractions
- Basic knowledge in understanding drawings and calculate correct circumference of material
- Minimum one (1) year experience as machine operator helper
- Experience on overhead crane and forklift operation required
- Overhead crane certification
- Forklift certification
- Communication: must be active listener, follow directions, recognize the value of othersâ opinions, talk with courtesy and respect, speak effectively regarding business manners
- Time Management: ability to meet job deadlines; prioritize work orders effectively
- Team player: works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when needed and actively supporting group goals
- Attendance & Punctuality: must demonstrate timely arrival and attendance and adapt to business needs schedule changes
- Judgment: exhibits sound judgment and makes reasonable decisions within scope of responsibility
Quality Program Requirements:
Employee will receive quality orientation training upon hiring. For ISO-certified locations, employee is required to attend annual ISO-9001 site job duty specific training.
In a typical workday, employee is standing, walking, seeing, hearing, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, lifting work pieces weighing up to forty (40) lbs. manually or by crane to work area and positioning it for processing the orders.
Employee will work in an open warehouse the majority (98%) of the time and will be exposed to some or all of the following working conditions: extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils and atmospheric conditions such as dust, fumes and metallic particles. Employee will be exposed to the hazards of working with heavy machinery. Employee is required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and safety boots. The Company furnishes initial hard hat, gloves and safety glasses.Â The employee furnishes safety boots at own expense.