Material HandlerJune 24, 2022
Press Brake OperatorJune 27, 2022
Performs welding operations as required by customers and assists in facility projects that require welding and fabrication.
- Chooses correct material and jigs for welding operations
- Positions work pieces in jigs for assembly
- Uses correct gauges, calipers, micrometers and tape measures to perform accuracy checks
- Marks and packages in accordance with customer requirements
- Completes required paperwork/documentation
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read instructions, tickets, safety and policies manuals)
- Basic measuring skills to read and convert English and Metric systems
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination
- Minimum two (2) years experience in both GMAW and SMAW welding process
- Operates safety equipment, PPE and uses safe work habits while performing his job function.
- Welds components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Starts power supply and strikes arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies management.
- Clamps, holds, tack-weld, heat-bend and grind component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal components together, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, shielded metal arc, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications to meet code.
- Set up, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment, carbon arc etc….
- Will have a basic understanding of lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, tape measure, fillet weld gauges and rulers.
- Has the ability to read prints and layout / fit-up parts to print.
- Has the ability to read and follow welding procedure specifications.
- Forklift and overhead crane certification.
- Reference ASME Section VIII Division 1 for code jobs.
- Communication: must be active listener, follow directions, recognize the value of othersâ opinions, talk with courtesy and respect, speak effectively regarding business manners
- Time Management: ability to meet job deadlines; prioritize work orders effectively
- Team player: works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when needed and actively supporting group goals
- Attendance & Punctuality: must demonstrate timely arrival & attendance and adapt to business needs schedule changes
- Judgment: exhibits sound judgment and makes reasonable decisions within scope of responsibility
Quality Program Requirements:
Employee will receive quality orientation training upon hiring. For ISO-certified locations the employee is required to attend annual ISO-9001 site job duty specific training.
In a typical workday, employee is standing, walking, seeing, hearing, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, lifting work pieces weighing up to forty (40) lbs. manually or by crane to work area and positioning it for processing the orders.
Employee will work in an open warehouse the majority (98%) of the time and will be exposed to some or all of the following working conditions: Extreme Heat & Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes and Metallic Particles. Employee will be exposed to the hazards of working with heavy machinery. Employee is required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and safety boots. The Company furnishes initial hard hat, gloves and safety glasses.Â The employee furnishes safety footwear at own expense.